Founders & Supporters
Since its creation, the IILCC is generously supported by distinguished cooperation partners. Find out more about the Santander Universities and our other supporters here.
Santander Universities is part of Santander Bank and committed to create opportunities for students and academics in higher education through cooperation and support programs in all areas such as teaching, research, international cooperation and knowledge management. Thanks to the generous support of Santander Universities, the Faculty of Law of the University of Cologne established the junior professorship of international investment law, public international law.
Learn more about Santander Universities here.
Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft
The Stifterverband is a joint initiative by companies and foundations committed to improve education, science and innovation by providing consulting, networking and financial support. Since 1929, the Stifterverband represents the common responsibility of German companies for a sustainable and livable society. Further information are available here.
The Association of Friends and Supporters of the IILCC
In 2008, the non-profit Association of Friends & Supporters of the IILCC (Förderverein des International Investment Law Centre Cologne der Universität zu Köln e.V) was founded in order to promote the research activities undertaken by the Centre. Its statutory objective is to serve as a platform to coordinate the interests of academia and practice and facilitate and further the discourse on international investment protection. Under the presidency of Prof. Dr. Burkhard Schöbener (University of Cologne), the Association has gained members from academia and practice interested in supporting the work of the IILCC. Since 2019, the Association is chaired by president Dr. Lars Markert (Nishimura & Asahi) and vice-president Prof. Dr. Christian J. Tams (University of Glasgow). Both are supported by the Association’s treasurer Dr. Christoph Hölken (Federal Cartel Office).
Projects supported by the Association include
- The developement of the Digest of International Investment Jurisprudence. Thanks to the Association’s support this service is provided free of charge to the benefit of scholars, students and practitioners in the field of international investment law.
- The organization of academic conferences such as the roundtable discussion on the ECJ’s Achmea judgement rendered in March 2018.
- Support the activities of the doctoral network on international investment law and enable students to participate in investment law related moot court competitions.
Members benefit from
- Be invited to all IILCC events and conferences without attendance fee
- Be informed on and get involved in current IILCC projects
Become a member of an exclusive network of lawyers dedicated to
the promotion of international investment law
Supporters from Legal Practice
In addition to research and teaching, it is part of the Centre’s mission statement to bridge the gap between academic discourse and legal practice. Events organized by the Centre are aimed at promoting the dialogue with legal practitioners. In the past, they have been generously supported by